I love food and I love cooking but sometimes I just want a quick fix. I really fancied crisps the other night but didn’t have any in the house and it was too late to go out so I got experimental! I decided to try and make tortilla chips with some tortilla wraps I had left over from lunch. Luckily they came out amazingly and were much healthier and dare I say tastier than shop brought ones. So I thought I would share the recipe with you!
- Tortilla Wraps (I used plain white wheat wraps but any would do)
- A splash of olive oil (about 1/4 of a teaspoon per wrap)
- Seasoning of your choice (I’ve used bbq seasoning and just salt so far but you could use anything- chilli powder, curry powder, black pepper, Italian herbs- get creative
- Preheat your oven to 170º C (340ºF)
- Lightly brush olive oil over one side of your tortilla then flip it over and do the same on the other side
- Take a pizza slicer or knife and slice the tortilla into roughly 8 triangular slices
- Arrange the slices on a baking tray
- Sprinkle your seasoning of choice over all the slices. Try to be as even as possible here so you don’t get one chip loaded with seasoning and then another with virtually none.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes
- Flip the chips and sprinkle on more seasoning
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes
- Take out of the oven and serve! You can either eat these straight from the oven or wait for them to cool to room temperature
You can do whatever you want with these tortilla chips. I had then with some fajita Heinz beans and mayola for lunch today but you could have them plain, dipped in salsa, covered in melty vegan cheese the options are endless!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it out.